Are you ready to join #TeamJesus? The Bible says in Luke 15:7 that there is “great rejoicing in heaven over one sinner that repents.” Sister, you are starting a party in the heavens with this life changing decision to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior!
So, how exactly does one become a Christian? It just takes a few simple steps! Let’s walk through it together.
1) Acknowledge that you have sinned and need God’s forgiveness.
- “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
- “There is none righteous, no, not one.” Romans 3:10
- “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
2) Confess that you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He died for your sins to make you a new creation.
- “If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
- “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
- “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
3) Ask Jesus to forgive your sins and invite Him to take control of your life.
- “If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
- For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Romans 10:9-10
- "For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
4) Trust and believe that you are forgiven and that God will fulfill His promises to you.
- “Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” Romans 5:1-2
- “There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.” Romans 8:1
- “‘For I know the thoughts that I think toward you’, says the Lord, ‘thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.’” Jeremiah 29:11
Let's Finish with a Prayer...
A prayer of salvation doesn’t have to be fancy or use big words. Just speak to Jesus honestly and from your heart. He is ready to accept you into His family!
I know I am a sinner and in need of your forgiveness.
I believe You died in my place and rose from the grave to make me new and to prepare me to live in your presence forever.
Jesus, come into my life, take control of my life, forgive my sins, and save me.
I place my trust in You alone for my salvation and I accept Your free gift of eternal life.
I Joined the Team! What’s Next?
Yahoo! We are joining the heavenly party in rejoicing! Saying “yes” and joining #TeamJesus is the biggest and most important decision of your life— bigger than getting married, having kids, choosing a career— choosing to live for Jesus is the best thing ever!
Being in a relationship with Jesus doesn’t mean you get to go back to living the way you did before. This is a major life decision and this new relationship requires some nurturing. Here’s what comes next:
- Tell someone! Share the big news with your family and friends! You are a NEW creation in Christ!
- Get into God’s Word. Don’t have a Bible yet? Click over to the Resources page for suggestions of Bibles and study materials to get started. Or, you can grab this Bible for new believers.
- Connect with a body of believers. Being part of a community of faith is an important part of growing your faith and knowledge of God. Ask your Christian friends or family about their church, or join us for Bible Time with Mark & Cori on our YouTube channel as we dig deeper into God’s Word together. You can also find our community on Facebook. Seriously, some of the nicest ladies on the internet would love to meet you!
- Remember and celebrate this day! Write down this date in a journal to remind you of this awesome day when you said YES to living for Jesus!